At Beyond Akeela we believe in experiential learning in a socially immersive camp setting. This core philosophy is ingrained in everything you’ll do at camp. You will not feel like you are in a classroom, and there are no “classes” or “lectures.” We want to give you opportunities to have fun, with friends who you can relate to, through activities that allow you to build and practice skills that will help you be successful after high school.
There are three different groups within Beyond Akeela, which we establish based on grade level and where you are in your post-secondary journey. As we get to know you, we’ll help you decide which group is best for you. Some activities we will do all together, and others we will split into our smaller groups. Below, you’ll see some of the activities and trips you’ll enjoy while you’re at camp.
- Outdoor Adventure: Day hikes, white water rafting, challenge courses
- Health & Wellness: Exercise opportunities, swimming, yoga/mindfulness
- Camp Activities: Choice-based activities in the arts, boating, sports, and strategy games (D&D) [Foundation Program Only]
- Group Outings: Bowling, farmer’s markets, mini-golf, minor league baseball games, museums
- Community Fun: Talent shows, campfires, game nights, movie nights