At Beyond Akeela, we are doing nothing less than changing young adults’ lives. Our campers are going through a major transitional (post graduate) phase in their life and having a mentor is essential for their success. They are more likely in this setting than anywhere else to make meaningful connections with peers and older role models, which leads to increased self-esteem, confidence and pride. It’s without doubt the summer staff members are most directly responsible for this amazing transformation.
- live, play and work in the great outdoors;
- experience another part of the country;
- bank more money that you think – with few expenses;
- master real-life problem-solving skills;
- have a significant and positive influence in the lives of children;
- develop greater self-understanding;
- participate in experiences that enhance personal growth; and
- make friends from all over the US and abroad.
Beyond Akeela also offers college and graduate level internships and/or practicum hours. Give us a call to find out if a summer at Akeela will satisfy the requirements of your particular situation.
Benefits and Time Off
Our highly competitive salary package ranges from $2,000-$5,000, plus travel allowances, housing and all meals. We appreciate how hard our staff works and believe that time off is extremely important to maintaining a happy, motivated group. Weekly 24-hour days off are supplemented by down-time during each day of the program.